Friday, June 21, 2013

Abbotsbury to Weymouth

this one gets lists:
how many cattle fences was I zapped by? One, but that is definitely all it takes,
how many farmers laughed about said zapping?  one (prick)
how many backtracked routes?  at least 6
how many extra miles?  at least 5
how many stinging nettle patches?  three and those suckers are aptly named  -- capris are not the way to dive through them, thank goodness I thought to put on my raincoat
how many muddy bogs -- two, very nervously -- kept worrying about slipping and losing a boot
how many helpful strangers slipped on a cow pie, got covered in said cow pie and almost took me out with them?  also one, and again, that's all it takes, poor woman, she was a mess, but I am so glad it wasn't me, it was a long way to a laundry spot
how many wet soggy boots?" two, and it is 6am, they aren't dry yet, it is an easy roadway kind of day, think the sandals will have to do
how many sleepless nights?  one, not sure why  -- although the nearby bar seemed to party late into the night

No comments:

Post a Comment