Saturday, July 13, 2013

back in Santiago

Woke up at 5:30
It was completely pitch black outside
(I was not on the lighthouse side of the hotel)
Read until about 7:00
And fell back asleep hard until 9:30
What a nice treat
And my body really needed it
Breakfast
Some souvenir shopping at the little kiosk down the road
And a taxi to town to catch the bus to Santiago




Three hours later -- arrived
Tried to find a Laundromat
Did, but damn, siestas every day?
It was just after 3:00 of course they are closed

Hanging out until dinner hour (8:00)

Italian food, a really nice Spaghetti Putanesca
Totally yum and nice to have something other than Spanish Pilgrim food

I cannot quite believe that I will not be strapping on the old hiking boots
and boogying on down the road for a 20k walk tomorrow
or that I didn't do it today

Must make a plan to do lots of walking when I get back home!

Off to Paris tomorrow at noon



No comments:

Post a Comment