Saturday, July 13, 2013

Finisterre

I think it is closer to 90k than 97, but they feel the same
It was a great misty walk from Cee (which is apparently pronounced Say) to Finisterre yesterday
I found a bank machine, was down to my last €10
Then I circled the town for an hour before I found the trail
I was looking for a sign, any sign, that would get me out of walking the last bit
I was dying to take a cab, and I was just about to grab one when I spotted a sign, you know those things you beg God for?  Well, I was begging for a taxi sign and there in front of me was a freaking yellow arrow!!  Piss off!!
OK, so that was my sign, off I continued on my last 12k into Finisterre

It was a lovely day
Met a nice German couple who rescued me from a wrong turn
for which I was most grateful, it did mean a long walk through a beautiful path
instead of along the highway (much nicer through the green lush path)
Then it was an amazing 2k walk along the sandy beach
A lunch of beautiful mussels on the wharf
And off to the Semafaro, the converted seminary and fire pit at the end of the earth

It was very misty so no good views
The Germans told me that there are amazing sunsets here, but  it just couldn't break through the mist

Great sleep
Now am on my way back to Santiago by bus

No comments:

Post a Comment