Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sarria to Puertomarino

The bus to Sarria is done in two stages, you go to Lugo first, about two hours, then a transfer of about half an hour for a half hour drive to Sarria.

I fell asleep ( up at 4am is not my usual waking time) and panicked that I had missed the stop, not to fear, we were fine.

Pulled into Sarria around 7:15, time for some tylenol shopping and dinner and of course finding the hotel

Hotel was great, now, to get a good sleep for my first real day of walking the Camino.

Up and had breakfast, baggage was being picked up by 9am, so I had to decide how much I was going to carry. Water, water, snack, sunglasses, raincoat, tablet, guidebooks, hotel vouchers, camera, glasses and money. Still weighs a considerable sum, and so I was off.

First day was supposed to be about 15k, turned into 23, which was fine, although I wouldn't want to do that every day.

I was supposed to head to the Municipal Albergue and ask to telephone my hotel. The lady at the desk said no. I was pretty surprised, nobody has said no to me in a while. But no she was not going to let me use her phone if she had one, she pointed outside to a pay phone. Which in tried to use three times, and which two young Spanish boys couldn't figure out.

No problem, the guy at the pizza place called for me and the cook came up with his 4x4 to take me back to these cool rustic cabins along the river.

Great sleep

Up and ready the next day to go again, however my hotel is about six feet from where the driver drops me off, so I take a break for the day. Get some laundry done and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment