Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Finisterre

Have I complained about the heat?
It is pretty unbearable
I walked from 8:15 until 5:30 yesterday
Covered over 22k and it was just a sweat-fest
Beautiful
But not much shade cover
Lots of uphills
Met a great mother/son from Alaska
They were absolutely out of their comfort zone
If it had snowed on us we would have loved it
Alas, it didn't and so we soldiered on

Today was to be 27k, absolutely no way,

I happened to meet up with the Alaska people again, even though they left an hour and a half before me, and I phoned my hostel from their dropoff point,
My hostel was 10k off-route, so I was to be chauffered anyway
it was still another 22k day for me

It is still 90° out there now
Whine whine whine
Moan complain

At least I have no blisters
But do have sore achy feet
So I should be grateful

I am showered and refreshed,
Off to find dinner





No comments:

Post a Comment